NFL Flag Football Punt, Pass & Kick Competition Summer 2013 Dates to Be Announced Soon!
Join us for a FREE community event August 11 in Ashburn for our NFL Flag Football Punt, Pass & Kick Competition! There are 5 divisions, for Boys and Girls age 6-15. All playing abilities are welcome for this fun competition, and division winners will move on to the NFL regional competitions this fall.
The NFL PUNT, PASS & KICK program creates a lively and engaging forum for boys and girls ages 6-15
to compete separately against their peers in punting, passing, and kicking skills.
The National Football League and USA Football want every child to be given an equal opportunity to
compete. Therefore, there is no registration fee or purchase required for any participant to enter.
Participants At Local Youth Organizations
DOWNOAD WAIVER: Complete and Bring with you to the Event. Please also register in advance on
The five age divisions are: 6-7, 8-9, 10-11, 12-13, and 14-15, with boys and girls competing separately
(age is determined as of December 31 11:59pm local time of the current year). For each age division, the
top scorer for the boys’ division and the top scorer from the girls’ division from each Local Competition
will advance to the Sectional Competition. The top four first-place scorers in each age group for each of
the boys’ and girls’ division from the pool of Sectional Competition champions will advance to the Team
Championship. Therefore, if there are more than four sectionals in your NFL market, not everyone will
advance to the Team Championship—only the top four. A competitor must be a first-place winner at the
Sectional level in order to be considered for the Team Championship.
Each National Football League city/team will be broken down into a minimum of four sections divided
by geographic location.
Local Competitions must take place in July, August and September. Winners from each Local
Competition (one winner from each of the boys’ and girls’ five age divisions) will move on to compete at
an assigned Sectional Competition. Sectionals preferably will be held on Saturdays and/or Sundays in
Team Championships take place in NFL team stadiums in November and December (the competition will
take place prior to the game). A passing exhibition will take place either during pregame or halftime. The
top four scorers from all the first-place finalists in each age division in both the boys’ and girls’ age
groups (from each of the NFL teams) will advance to the national finals. These 40 winners plus one
parent or guardian will travel to the finals at an NFL playoff game in January.
1. The competition is open to all boys and girls ages 6 to 15. Boys and girls will compete separately.
The five age divisions are based upon the child’s age as of December 31 (11:59pm local time) of the
2. There is no charge to participate in the NFL PUNT, PASS & KICK program.
3. All participants must show proof of age at all levels of competition. Failure to provide a birth
certificate or religious document (baptismal record) will result in that participant being ineligible to
4. Participants may register and compete in only one (1) Local Competition. Competing in more than
one Local Competition will result in the automatic disqualification of that participant.
5. All participants must submit the signed parental WAIVER: Complete and Bring with you to the Event.
Entry Form may be copied onto organization’s letterhead.
6. Participants must be present at scheduled starting time in order to compete. Failure to do so may
result in ineligibility.
1. Each participant will be allowed one punt, one pass, and one placekick as part of his/her
2. Scores are based on both distance and accuracy. Example: If a participant passes the ball 100
feet, but the ball lands 30 feet to the right of the measuring tape, the final score would be 100 -
30 = 70. Scores will be based on exact feet and inches (no partial inches—round to nearest inch).
No participant will receive a negative score; instead their score will be “0.”
3. A participant’s final score is his/her cumulative total for the three individual events. Example: If
participant scores (40) for punting, (60) for passing, and (22) for kicking, the participant’s final
score is 122.
4. If a participant goes over the line prior to or before releasing or making contact with the ball, he/
she will be penalized five (5) feet. Exception: In kicking, a participant may go over the line without
penalty provided the tee is placed on or behind the line.
5. There is no violation if the kicking tee is kicked with the football during the kicking event.
6. Scores will be determined from where a participant’s punt/pass/kick first makes contact with the
ground. Bounces or rolls do not add to the score.
7. If a participant tries to punt, pass, or kick and misses the ball completely, it DOES NOT count as an
attempt and another attempt is allowed.
1. No football shoes or cleats of any form are allowed. Only gym shoes (soft sole) will be permitted.
No bare feet allowed. Failure to wear gym shoes will result in the disqualification of the participant.
2. All equipment, other than shoes, needed for the competition will be provided by the school or
hosting agency. Participants may not utilize their own equipment (tees or footballs).
3. 2-inch rubber kicking tee and side-winding style tees will be provided by the NFL.
1. All participants must begin competition at the school level or officially sanctioned local community
2. The top finisher in each of the boys’ and girls’ divisions from the five age brackets of each Local
Competition will advance to the Sectional round. The top finisher is the participant who has the
highest final score for that round. Contestants who qualify for the Sectionals must compete at
the location to which they are assigned. Each school/Local will be notified of the location of the
Sectional prior to the competition. To determine and/or confirm Sectional information, please
contact your State Chairperson.
3. At the Sectionals, each competitor will begin anew with a score of zero (0). Only the top four
(4) first-place finishers in each age bracket from the boys’ and girls’ divisions from the pool
of Sectional Competition champions will advance to the Team Championship. At all levels of
competition, only first-place winners will be considered for advancement to the next level.
4. At the Team Championships, each of the forty (40) competitors will begin anew with a score of
zero (0). The top finisher within each age bracket at this level will be declared that NFL team’s
NFL PUNT, PASS & KICK Team Champion. The top finisher is the participant who has achieved the
highest final score for that round.
5. Only the five first-place Team Champions from each of the boys’ and girls’ divisions of all NFL Team
Championships will be eligible for advancement to the National Finals. Their scores must be in the
top four (4) nationally in their respective age groups to qualify.
6. National Finalists will be notified at the conclusion of all Team Championships (end of December).
7. At the National Finals, each competitor will begin anew with a score of zero (0). The top finisher
within each age bracket at this level will be named the NFL PUNT, PASS & KICK National
Champion. The top finisher is the participant who has achieved the highest final score.
1. If a tie exists for first, second, or third place at either the Local or Sectional round, each participant
involved in the tie will compete in a playoff to determine the final standings. The playoff will consist
of the participants competing head to head in a repeat of all three events. The playoff winner at a
Local Competition will advance to the next round. The playoff winner at a Sectional round will be
eligible to advance to the Team Championships.
2. If a tie exists for first, second, or third place at the Team Championships, the winner will be
determined by the contestant’s score in his or her most recent competition. Example: If a tie
exists at the Team Championship, the participant’s Sectional round score would be referenced to
determine the winner.
1. Competitions will be held rain or shine. Local host must cancel in threatening or dangerous
weather conditions and reschedule the event. Cancellation decisions will be made by the local
host on site.
2. If an event is canceled, call your local Punt, Pass & Kick host to determine when your event
will be rescheduled.
3. The National Football League, NFL Properties LLC, its agents, and subordinate chairperson/
organizers of NFL PUNT, PASS & KICK reserve the right to rule and make any recommendations
regarding the NFL PUNT, PASS & KICK competition that they feel are beneficial to the
continuance of the program. All decisions are final.
4. Participation constitutes permission to use competitor’s name and likeness for promotional
purposes without compensation.
5. All participants’ parents must sign the Entry/Release of Liability form (page 23) or complete and
submit the form online at NFLPPK.com before participants may take part in any NFL PUNT,
PASS & KICK competition.